HIGHLIGHTS :(Read the whole news at a glance)
- An increase by few a thousand new Covid-19 cases was seen in the country in the last 24 hours with 2,67,334 more people testing positive, said the Union health ministry on Wednesday.
- The number stood at 2,63,533 on Tuesday. With the addition of fresh infections, the cumulative caseload in the country has reached 2,54,96,330.
- As a sign of relief, meanwhile, the number of discharges surpassed the new infections by over a lakh in the same duration. As many as 3,89,851 were discharged across the country, taking the total number to 2,19,86,363.
- The government said that the covid-19 pandemic in India is shrinking as the country’s reproduction value (R) for covid-19 is below one now. R value shows the rate of infection spread.
- India has tested 32,03,01,177 samples for Covid-19 until now, said the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The country has so far administered 18,58,09,302 anti-Covid jabs.
- The Covid-19 variant first identified in India has been classified as a “variant of concern” by Britain and the WHO.
An increase by few a thousand new Covid-19 cases was seen in the country in the last 24 hours with 2,67,334 more people testing positive, said the Union health ministry on Wednesday.
The number stood at 2,63,533 on Tuesday. With the addition of fresh infections, the cumulative caseload in the country has reached 2,54,96,330.
India’s daily spike has remained below 3 lakh for the third consecutive day.
However, the death toll has seen a huge jump with 4,529 more people succumbing to the disease in the last 24 hours. This is the biggest jump in daily fatalities ever recorded in the country.
The cumulative toll in the country now stands at 2,83,248, inching closer to the grim mark of 3 lakh.
As a sign of relief, meanwhile, the number of discharges surpassed the new infections by over a lakh in the same duration. As many as 3,89,851 were discharged across the country, taking the total number to 2,19,86,363.
As a result, there are 32,26,719 active cases in the country currently, marking a decline by over a lakh in the tally as compared to Tuesday when the number stood at 33,53,765.
India has been seeing a steady dip in active cases for the last two weeks. While the daily has seen a steady decline in the past week, the government said on Tuesday that children have been observed to be getting infected with Covid-19 and can be potential carriers of the disease
The government said that the covid-19 pandemic in India is shrinking as the country’s reproduction value (R) for covid-19 is below one now. R value shows the rate of infection spread.
However, the government also cautioned that 98% of the population continues to be vulnerable.
According to the Union health ministry data, around 1.8% of the total population in India has been affected by Covid-19.
Tests conducted so far
India has tested 32,03,01,177 samples for Covid-19 until now, said the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
Out of these, 20,08,296 samples were tested on Tuesday, marking a considerable increase in daily testing. The number stood at 18,69,223 on Monday.
Vaccination in India
The country has so far administered 18,58,09,302 anti-Covid jabs.
Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) said in its latest scientific guidance that natural Covid-19 infection provides “strong” protection against reinfection for up to eight months, just as a vaccine protects against infection.
The global public health agency, however, said the emergence of ‘variants of concern’ that can evade immunity poses a challenge.
“Available tests and current knowledge do not tell us about the duration of immunity and protection against reinfection, but recent evidence suggests that natural infection may provide similar protection against symptomatic disease as vaccination,” said WHO.
‘Variant of concern’
The Covid-19 variant first identified in India has been classified as a “variant of concern” by Britain and the WHO.
This means that there is some evidence that it spreads more easily between people, causes more severe disease, or might be less responsive to treatments and vaccines.
Efficacy of vaccines
Top US health officials said on Tuesday that vaccines available in the United States are effective against the variant that was first detected in India.
“The modest neutralization resistance to the 617 antibodies suggests that the current vaccines that we are all using that we’ve been speaking about would be at least partially and probably quite protective,” said Dr Anthony Fauci.
Making a presentation of his data and latest research on this issue, Dr Fauci said that both the variants B617 and B1618, that have been identified in India, have been neutralized with only a 2.5 fold diminution in titer.
FAQ : (People also ask )
Q1. What is trending today on social media?
ANS .Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are current social media trends in 2021, as brands try to offer an exciting user experience. Many e-commerce companies have adapted to AR-powered shopping, allowing users to try-on products before purchasing them
Q2. What is trending in India right now?
ANS . Twitter Trends – India.
|Rank||Trending Topic / Hashtag||Tweet Volume|
|1.||Singapore 131.7K Tweets||131.7K|
|6.||CBI 302 In SSR Case by June 90.8K Tweets||90.8K|
|7.||Delhi CM 45.1K Tweets||45.1K|
|8.||Kejriwal 58.9K Tweets||58.9K|
Q3. Where can I find trending topics?
ANS. Here are ten awesome ways in which you can find and write about trending topics:
- Feedly. Feedly is a great tool to research for trending content. …
- Medium. Another cool place to find trending content in your industry is Medium. …
- Quora. …
- Google Trends. …
- Buzzsumo. …
- Reddit. …
- Linkedin Pulse. …
Q4. What trending means?
ANS . to show a tendency : incline prices trending upward. b : to become deflected : shift opinions trending toward conservatism. 2a : to extend in a general direction : follow a general course mountain ranges trending north and south. b : to veer in a new direction : bend a coastline that trends westward
Q5. What trends are in for 2020?
ANS . Here’s a look at 20 trends that will move fashion into new directions in 2020.
- Seventies show. …
- Color denim. …
- Platform shoes. …
- Upcycled denim. …
- Safari utility. …
- Environmental fashion. …..
- Big bags.
Q6.What’s trending now Instagram?
ANS. These are the top trends on Instagram to watch right now.
- Brands and influencers reckon with racial inequality. …
- Instagram goes Live. …
- Creators can now make money directly on Instagram. …
- Instagram Shops set brands up to cash in on conversions. …
- Shopping and advertising get AI-powered upgrades.
Q7. What is trending now on twitter?
ANS. Top Twitter Trending Topics & Hashtags
Twitter Trends – United States.
|Rank||Trending Topic / Hashtag||Tweet Volume|
|1.||La Russa Under 10K Tweets||Under 10K|
|4.||Midnight Run 17K Tweets||17K|
|5.||niki 66.5K Tweets||66.5K|
|6.||Evan Hansen 29.1K Tweets||29.1K|
Q8.Who is the most trending person?
ANS. Most Popular & Trending Celebrities of 2021
- Britney Spears. …
- Zayn Malik. …
- Justin Timberlake. …
- Beyonce. …
- Kylie Jenner. kyliejenner. …
- Rihanna. Rihanna made her singing debut at the age of 16 with her hit single, Pon De Replay, taking the world by storm. …
- Cardi B. iamcardib. …
- Sharon Osbourne.
Q9. What’s trending on LinkedIn?The value of trending on LinkedIn
ANS. See, when you receive a notification that your post is trending for a hashtag, it means that piece of content is shown to LinkedIn members outside your network, whom you may not have any degree of connection with.