IPL Retention live updates : All the current eight franchises have to inform the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) by this evening as to which four cricketers they are going to retain in view of the mega auction to be held before IPL 2022. After the names of the retained players are finalised, the two new franchises Lucknow and Ahmedabad will get a chance to pick three players from December 1 to 25, followed by an auction in January.
IPL Retention live updates
Rahul can be the captain of Lucknow
According to the report of Cricbuzz, KL Rahul is looking for a new franchise. In such a situation, the team of Lucknow can add him as a captain. The Pandya Brothers i.e. Hardik and Krunal are unlikely to be retained by Mumbai, so the Ahmedabad franchise can contact both of them. Shreyas Iyer wants to go to the new team, so his name is also sure to come in the auction pool. Shikhar Dhawan has also not been retained by Delhi, so Gabbar can also be rich in the auction.
IPL Teams Retention players list :
- Delhi Capitals: Captain Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Axar Patel, Anrich Nortje (South Africa)
- Mumbai Indians: Captain Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard (West Indies)
- Chennai Super Kings: Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Moeen Ali (England)
- KKR: Varun Chakraborty, Andre Russell (West Indies), Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Narine (West Indies)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli, Yuzvendra Chahal, Glenn Maxwell (Aus)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: Only Kane Williamson is sure to be retained.
- Punjab Kings: Team can retain Mohammed Shami, Mayank Agarwal and Arshdeep Singh.
- Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson and Jos Buttler can be retained.
Player retention rules
Each franchise has the option to retain a maximum of 4 players.
Maximum 3 Indians and maximum 2 foreigners can be retained
Or two domestic and two foreign can be retained
Two new teams can choose a maximum of 3 players (two Indians and one foreigner) from the pool
Right to match option will not be there in IPL 2022 auction
Rs 90 crore purse may be up for auction, which was 85 crore in last season
What is the math of salary cap? As you have already read above that 10 teams have got a purse of 90 crores. If a team retains all four players, then Rs 42 crore will be deducted from the fund. 33 crore will be deducted on three retentions. Retaining two players will cost Rs 24 and retaining one player will cost Rs 14 crore.