Shirley Temple sang and danced her way to becoming one of the most popular child actors of all time, helping raise the spirits of millions of Americans suffering economic hardship during the Great Depression. Google honoured American actor, singer, dancer, and diplomat Shirley.The animated doodle features Shirley Temple as a diplomat, an award-winning actor and as a young dancing girl. “Little Miss Miracle” Temple today with an animated doodle.
While still a child, she was the top box office draw for several years in the mid-1930s, before growing up to be a diplomat. On this day in 2015, the Santa Monica History Museum opened “Love, Shirley Temple,” a special exhibit featuring a collection of her rare memorabilia.
HISTORY OF SHIRLEY TEMPLE:
Born in 1928, Temple was encouraged by her mother at a young age to dance, sing and act The animated doodle features Shirley Temple as a diplomat, an award-winning actor and as a young dancing girl. She began dance training when she was barely 3 and two years later achieved international fame for her performance in Bright Eyes, a movie that featured her singing the soon-to-be hit On the Good Ship Lollipop.
She captivated the audience in the 1934 toe-tapping musical “Stand Up And Cheer” with her signature dimples, and blonde ringlet curls.She helped millions of Americans through the hardships of the Great Depression as Hollywood’s top box office draw.
The dimpled and curly haired moppet was typically cast as the cheerful fix-it girl in musical-comedy-dramas written especially for her.
SHIRLEY TEMPLE’S ACHIEVEMENT:
- She continued to make movies into her late teens, including 1945’s Kiss and Tell and 1947’s The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer,
- Ms Temple acted in a dozen films in 1934 alone, including “Bright Eyes,” where she performed one of her most famous routines – “On the Good Ship Lollipop.
- Ms Temple was one of the most popular actors in American cinema before she touched 10 and was the first child star to receive an Academy Award when she was all of six years.
- At , 22, she retired from the movie industry as a Hollywood icon.
- Awards and honors, including Kennedy Center Honors and the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award.
CHECK THESE OUT :
- Shirley Temple was appointed as a representative of the US to the United Nations in 1969.
- She’d return to the spotlight after marrying businessman Charles Black in 1950, becoming a prominent Republican fund-raiser.
- Her career in politics included her dedicated environmentalism, representing her nation at the 1972 UN Conference on the Human Environment.
- She’d go on to serve as the US ambassador to Ghana, becoming the first female Chief of Protocol to the State Department
Death and Condolences :
She died on February 10, 2014, aged 85, at her home in California. She is buried at the Alta Mesa Memorial Park.
(FAQ)People also ask
Q1. Is Today World’s Best Friend’s Day?
ANS. June 8National Best Friend Day is celebrated on June 8 every year The day celebrates the best friend that you have. A best friend is someone who becomes your family – with whom you can laugh and cry, who will support you in both good and bad times.
Q2. Is August 2 National Friendship Day?
ANS. Founder Joyce Hall designated the day would take place on August 2 and decided it would be a day to celebrate the people closest to you — and send them a card or two in the process. … designated July 30 International Friendship Day. Nowadays, we celebrate National Friendship Day on the first Sunday of August.
Q3. Is today close friend day?
ANS. To mark the importance of the most beautiful relationship in the world, Friendship Day is celebrated every year. Friendship Day is celebrated on July 30 in many parts of the world but in India, it is celebrated on the first Sunday of August. This year, it falls on August 1, 2021.
Q4.What should I do for my best friend’s day?
ANS. How to Celebrate Best Friends Day Together
- Make a Best Friend Movie. …
- Throw Them a Cocktail Party. …
- Zen Out Together. …
- Cook Them Their Fave Feast. …
- Love Them a Latte. …
- DIY a Dance Party. …
- Wine and Dine Them. …
- Tik-Tok Together.
Q5. Is Tomorrow National crush day?
ANS. National Crush Day is September 27 world-wide
Q6. Is National Girlfriends Day Real?
ANS. On August 1st, National Girlfriends Day encourages women across the U.S. to get together and celebrate their special bond of friendship.